I was Wrong. I Hurt my Patients by Forcing Vaccines
I was wrong. I hurt my patients by forcing vaccines on my patients. I am so sorry. I am an M.D. My wife was an R.N. We were pro-vaccines. My 2 brothers were M.D's. They were pro-vaccines. My mother and sister were R.N.'s. They were pro-vaccines. We all ordered 100's of thousands of vaccines in our patients. We were only told that vaccines were safe and at which visit to inject the babies. We saw the side-effects and said,wait, no more for us or our patients. We were told to keep vaccinating and stop questioning or blaming the vaccines. Then we were bullied into having our 2 year-old son vaccinated. He was injured by his vaccines that day. I was an eye-witness to that as his parent. But wait, My baby brother died from paralysis (Guillain-Barre) after his flu shot. The government agreed that the flu vaccine caused his death and paid the family off after they admitted his death was from the vaccine, and folks, my mother was an R.N. who was the Head Nurse and ran the largest ER in our medical center. To resume as the head nurse, they had her take 8-9 vaccines to 'catch-up' with the 'updated' CDC schedule to keep her job. She got severe 'brain fog' withing days, then lost her ability to dial her phone or push the elevator buttons, or start her car. She went into diapers and then hospitalized and died a terrible, tragic death drooling and unable to walk, talk, eat or recognized any of her family. None of the specialists and consults could tell her or us what 'just happened' but the told us it was 'NOT' from those vaccines. It was called the 'worst case of aggressive dementia of unknown cause the doctors had ever seen'. Folks what killed our mother just weeks after her vaccines was all from her fatal doses of neurotoxic aluminum and mercury from those vaccines. She left behind her husband, 5 children, 4 grandchildren, and now 7 great grandchildren. We now know that we were not told the truth. I started a FB site called 'Vaccine Support Group' in their name. Facebook
Dr. Meryl Nass Testimony Before the Education Committee, Maine
My name is Dr. Meryl Nass. I am here today to oppose LD798 and support LD987.
- I am a physician in Ellsworth, Maine.
- I graduated from MIT and the University of Mississippi School of Medicine.
- In 2010, I was the chair of a commission established by you, the legislature, “to protect the lives and health of members of the Maine National Guard.”
- I have testified to 6 Congressional committees, primarily on anthrax vaccine and Gulf War Syndrome, and the permanent injuries suffered by service-members who received military vaccines of questionable quality.
- There is no crisis of infectious diseases caused by lack of vaccinations, here in Maine or in the rest of the United States.
- The rates of vaccine preventable diseases are approximately the same as always. I have attached the official statistics, so please check me on this!
- According to the CDC, effective vaccine exemption rates in Maine are not higher than they have been, and they are consistently better than the US average
The truth, not widely known, is that immunocompromised children are not catching diseases from their unvaccinated classmates, and they are not dying. Look at the numbers.
The diseases that persist and have been in the news remain a challenge, simply because the vaccines have a high failure rate–not because of the unvaccinated.
Pertussis is a problem, because the vaccine works poorly.
- 66% of Maine cases were fully vaccinated, 83% partially.
- The TDaP pertussis vaccine is estimated 67% effective the first year after inoculation, but only 9% effective 4 years later. 
- Almost all of us are susceptible to pertussis despite vaccination. I have had pertussis twice. I am fully vaccinated.
- Given the failure rate of the pertussis vaccine, no herd immunity is possible. The bacteria regularly circulate in the community, as they would even with a 100% vaccination rate.
- Pertussis is not a major problem for the immunocompromised, who are in fact regularly exposed.
Physicians for Informed Consent Informational Flyers on Measles
Physicians for Informed Consent has prepared informational flyers that you can print and hand out. Free downloads here: PIC Flyers on Measles Available in English, Spanish and Arabic.
The risk of seizure after the MMR vaccine is:
- 1 in 641 in children overall
- 1 in 252 in siblings of children with a history of febrile seizures
- 1 in 51 in children with a person history of febrile seizures
- 5% of febrile seizures result in epilepsy
The risk of seizure due to measles is 1 in 3,000.
The risk of dying due to measles is 1 in 10,000. (similar to the chance of being struck by lightning once in a lifetime)
The risk of a child dying in the USA in his or her first year of life, due to all causes, is 1 in 170.
Although a personal or family history of seizures is considered a precaution to MMR vaccination, it is not considered a contraindication by the CDC. Therefore, doctors who only know about CDC contraindications, may not know about the significant risk of seizure after MMR vaccination, especially in families with a history of seizures. Also, depending on where a doctor works, he or she may be prohibited from recommending medical exemptions for any reasons besides CDC contraindications.
Make sure your doctor knows about the latest research about the risk of seizure from the MMR vaccine. Your son or daughter may be eligible for a medical exemption.
John Abramson, MD, Clinical Faculty at Harvard Med School
"It gets more difficult each year to address these critical issues with medical students. There is a strong presumption that the drugs that they're struggling to learn how to use are effective because the medical literature and the professors who are their role models say so. Students work hard to learn the indications, doses, and side effects, because that's what they'll be graded on. So, even though they want to learn how to provide the best patient care, when you say, "Let's step back and critically examine the evidence that these drugs really are helpful compared with other interventions," it creates dissonance for them. When I was a medical student in the mid-1970s, none of the professors had financial relationships with drug companies. That would have been unheard of. When I was a Robert Wood Johnson Fellow from 1980 to1982, we spent hours dissecting studies: examining the statistics, the confounding factors, the limits of conclusions that could be drawn based on the design, population, intervention, and outcome measure of each study. I do not recall a single article that we said had a problem because of a commercial bias. Not a one. Now, commercial bias is accepted as a routine and expected part of clinical research. Everyone knows it's going on, but acts as if it won't really distort our medical care. These financial relationships are so deeply woven into American medicine that it's hard to be recognized as a national expert without them."